Courtesy of Charbonneau Interiors
Looking for the perfect side or cocktail to spice up your festive celebration this year?
Try one of these delectable recipes from local Woodlands establishments to liven up your Holiday.
Spiced Bourbon Manhattan
Courtesy of Robards
• 2 oz Maker’s Mark
• .5 oz Sweet Vermouth
• .5 oz Orange Liquor
• Dash of Ginger Bitters
• Pinch of Cinnamon
1. Stir the bourbon, vermouth, liquor and bitters well with cracked ice.
2. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with a pinch of cinnamon.
Blue Cheese Chips
Courtesy of Jasper’s
• 5 oz Yukon Gold Potato Chips
• 4 oz Danish Blue Cheese Cream Sauce
• 2 oz Danish Blue Cheese Crumbles
• 1 oz Chives
Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Courtesy of TRIS, Chef Austin Simmons & His Team
• 3 large Sweet Potatoes
• 1.25 oz Lemon Zest
• .5 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 tsp Kosher Salt
• 1 tsp White Pepper
• .5 can Coconut Milk
• Scallions or Mini Marshmallows for garnish
1. Wash & peel sweet potatoes.
2. Cook them in simmering water until a skewer can push through the other side.
3. While hot, use a whisk to smash and add in seasonings and coconut milk.
4. Garnish with toasted mini marshmallows or scallions.
Fairytale Pumpkin Soup
Courtesy of The Kitchen, Chef Austin Simmons & His Team
Available Seasonally at The Kitchen
• 12 oz Butter unsalted
• 6 oz Shallots sliced.
• 5 oz Garlic sliced
• 4 sprigs Thyme
• 2 tbs Salt
• 2 tsp White Pepper, finely ground
• 7 grams Sugar
• About 5 lbs cleaned and diced Fairytale Pumpkin
• 2 qts Chicken or Vegetable Stock
1. Melt 4 oz butter in large 1.5 gallon pot, add shallots, garlic, thyme (tied in a sachet), salt, pepper
and sweat out, DO NOT caramelize. Shallots should be clear but still retain a small crunch but
not raw tasting.
2. Add butternut squash and toss with the cooked shallots, add stock and bring up to a simmer and
cook at a simmer until butternut squash is fully cooked.
3. Once butternut squash is cooked, remove the thyme and transfer soup to a blender.
Add the remaining butter to the soup while blending.
4. Garnish with toasted Pumpkins Seeds, Brown Butter and Chervil Pluches.