Staying Safe on the Road this Holiday Season &
The Top 10 Most Asked for Safety Features in an Automobile Today
Safety is top of mind now more than ever. When you and your family head out to your car for a road trip this holiday season, make sure to grab your mask, hand sanitizer and do a Road Ready Safety Check.
- Tires: Proper tire pressure equals better fuel economy, longer lasting tires and a safer, more comfortable ride. You can usually find the proper tire pressure for your vehicle in the Owner’s Manual or on the sticker located inside the driver’s door. If you’re driving to a cooler climate, keep in mind that dips in temperature can trigger a tire pressure warning light, because the air molecules inside the tire shrink in cold temperatures. A Tire Pressure Monitor Display can even tell you which tire is too low, making for a quicker maintenance stop.
- Windshield wipers: Clean wipers give you a clean windshield. Old wiper blades can become dry and develop ragged edges, leaving behind streaks and blocking your view of the road, other vehicles and potential obstacles. Make sure to have them serviced at regular intervals, typically every six months and checked or replaced before a long trip.
- Top off all fluids: Head to your dealership to make sure your vehicle is up to date on its oil change and maintenance program. If you are due for service soon, you may want to get it taken care of before you add too many more miles on your trip.
Be Road Ready:
- Don’t forget to fill up with the correct fuel for your vehicle the night before your trip. Then you can rise and shine and hit the road!
- Make sure you have any phone or tablet chargers and cords that you may need for connectivity on your journey.
- Organize your music, playlists and audio books before you depart. Practice the voice commands that operate your infotainment system so you can easily “tune to” a radio station or say things like “launch Spotify” with your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
- Have hand-wipes, napkins and tissues at the ready for any road trip snacks that you might not be able to resist.
- For more tips on traveling during the pandemic we like this Consumer Reports article: https://www.consumerreports.org/car-repair-maintenance/get-car-ready-for-a-road-trip/
If you’re shopping for a new vehicle before your big trip check out these Top 10 Most Asked for Safety Features:
- Backup Camera: A must have on any vehicle for better visibility.
- 360 Camera Monitor System: Taking visibility to the next level, this advanced camera system lets you see all around the vehicle. This type of system uses cameras at the front and rear of the vehicle, but also under each side mirror for a birds-eye view. Very handy at high curbs, parking in tight spots or coming up behind another vehicle in heavy traffic.
- Parking Sensors with Auto Braking: Get notified by the system when you are too close to a solid object in range of the sensors, then get additional braking support to try to avoid the object.
- Blind Spot Monitor: Looks into the blind spot on both sides of the vehicle.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert: Notifies the driver of rear crossing traffic when you are in reverse.
- Lane Keep Assist: Helps keep you in your lane and notify you if you have an unintended lane departure.
- Pre Collision System: Using cameras and sensors to engage advanced safety systems to mitigate a potential accident.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: Set your speed and a following distance to have a more peaceful drive, even in Houston traffic.
- Apple Car Play*/Android Auto*: Connect popular apps and features like Siri or Google Assistant for calls, texting, entertainment and even navigation apps like Apple Maps, Google Maps and Waze right on your car’s multimedia display. (Phone and operating system specific).
- Easy to Use Voice Commands: Tune to radio stations, make calls, send texts, launch apps, set the temperature in your vehicle and even navigate to your next destination all with simple voice commands.
And don’t forget that BIG RED bow!
At Northside Lexus we have a wide range of new and pre-owned vehicles with some or all of these in-demand features and advanced technologies. Our state-of-the-art facility, located at 24222 Interstate 45 North in Spring, feels more like a resort or high end hotel than a car dealership. Shop with us in person or online from the comfort of your home. We will tailor the experience to your needs and take exceptional care of you and your family. Come experience AMAZING at Northside Lexus.
2422 Interstate 45 North
Spring, TX 77386